From: NZ8J [mailto:n...@woh.rr.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 6:42 AM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] Sampling rate and buffers for CW operators?

I'm trying to get a feel for what other primarily CW operators are using
for sampling rate and buffers taking the computer limitations out of the
equation. Assuming the computer is robust enough to handle it, what
setting do you find the best overall balance between latency and filter
sharpness?

I'm using a Intel quad core with 4 GB ram and I have the firewire driver
and primary audio set at 192Khz sampling rate and buffer size of 2048.
(Firewire at "normal" operation)   The DSP buffers are set at RX=4096
and TX=2048.  There appears to be little difference between the 100hz
and 25 hz filters at these settings.

The CPU usage is normally less than 20% running PowerSDR 1.18.0 and
Logic 8 under these settings

I am just learning how to operate this radio and would like to see what
other cw operators are using. I am amazed by how quiet the radio is and
how much easier it is to copy weak cw signals down in the noise.

Thanks
Tim
NZ8J