Greetings to the FLEX reflector readers:

I am new to this SDR game and just want to say I just finished my first QSO with a new FLEX 5000A operating with a 24 inch desktop Apple iMAC running OS X, Boot Camp, and Windows XP PRO. As luck would have it, one member of the group I broke into on 40M is an "OO" and I received unsolicited excellent signal quality reports from him and the rest of the group on that frequency using all of the default settings of the PWR SDR and a Heil HM-5 mic.

I want to extend my thanks to Dudley @ FLEX tech support who took my call yesterday while he was on the road back from Dayton. He took me through the steps necessary to download the Microsoft Hotfix needed to mitigate the Apple/Microsoft Service Pack 3 SNAFU. A lot to learn now...

73,
Bob KF6BC