From: flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz
[mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of Scott Myers
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2009 8:08 PM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] Freeze-ups on new Flex-3000

I recently received my new Flex-3000.  At first it seemed to be working OK.
Then I noted it would freeze up right after I started PowerSDR.  So I would
stop and restart and it would just run for hours.  Then I had a memory issue
that was unrelated to PowerSDR and had to update my bios and video driver.

Than all those little lock ups started happening often; it would happen as
often as every 30 seconds or it might go 5 minutes, but it wouldn't be long.
So I followed the instructions on the Knowledge Center and backed the sampling
all the way down to 48 KHz, turned buffer to 2048.  Little noticeable change.
I even tried turning on the expert mode for buffer size and tried various
settings.  Still no change.

I am running on a Dell Inspiron 1720 with a NVIDA GeForce 8400 video card.
I am using one of the recommended RICOH ExpressCard firewire cards with TI
XIO2200 chipset.  I have a Centrino Duo processor 2 GHz, 2 Gb of ram, Windows
Vista home premium 32 bit and it get a 3.3 Vista "performance index".

So I am now at a standstill.  I can't carry on a QSO for more than 30 seconds
with any certainly of not freezing up.

Any ideas?

Scott AC8DE