Short term drift, between transmit/receive cycles, can be a big problem and makes JT65B difficult with some commercial rigs like the IC746 (without mods) and is caused by temperature or voltage changes around the LO. The same is a potential problem with transverters without an ovenized or locked LO. You need to test your individual transverter. The maximum drift is per mode, 65a/b/c, is documented on K1JT's site. I have had problems decoding people on 2m with 100hz drift during the transmit period. The ability to easily lock the flex to a quality source allows the potential to lock the transverter to the same source.

At 12:07 PM 6/1/2009 -0400, Mark Lunday wrote:
Marty

I *think* JT65B in WSJT software is limited by the filter width, which is a
maximum of 600 Hz either side of the center frequency.  I am looking at it
right now, and that's what it looks like to me.  Maybe a question for the
WSJT yahoo group?

Mark Lunday
WD4ELG
wd4...@arrl.net
http://wd4elg.net

-----Original Message-----
From: flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz
[mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of brahman...@aol.com
Sent: Monday, June 01, 2009 10:50 AM
To: moon-net-requ...@list-serv.davidv.net; flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] Transverters and the Flex-3000

Hi All,

I'm thinking about getting a 2 meter transverter to hook up with my
Flex-3000. I've read reports of some models of transverters drifting too
much
during transmit for use in EME. Any suggestions/recommendations about which

transverters are suitable for SDR EME work?

One more quick question, How many KHz can JT65b look at and decode? It
would be fun to be able to see everyone on the band.

73,
Marty AB5GU
Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222377040x1201454360/aol?redir=htt
p://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=Jun
eExcfooterNO62)

73, Robert KR7O/YB2ARO, DM07ba/OI52ee  (ex.  N7STU)
k...@vhfdx.com

www.vhfdx.com (KR7O/YB2ARO homepages)