This is the same here with HRD-DM780 on SDR-1000. I use CAT with Com0Com except for PTT control. HRD is configured for PTT control with an extra Vcom port. I got this advise from someone on this reflector and it works perfect.

I never see this delay with MixW nor with Multipsk nor with Winwarbler. So, I don't think it has anything to do with SDR soft- or hardware.

Eddy ON5UQ.

----- Original Message ----- From: "FireBrick" <w...@billnjudy.com>
To: "FlexRadio List" <flexradio@flex-radio.biz>
Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2009 3:54 PM
Subject: [Flexradio] maybe someone has an idea why this happens

Occasionally the PTT doesn't work correctly for the digital modes.
A transmission start is delayed, a transmission stop is delayed.
The amount of time varies,
Where they should be immeadate, sometimes the start/stop is up to a 5 Mississippi.

It doesn't effect cw, which is darn near perfect.

But here is a clue.
Complete computer shutdown, with Flex5K shutdown and complete restart cures the problem.
I can't make it do it, but at least I know how to stop it.
Sounds like rf problem but it's not often enough for me to get a clue.
And it only effects the AFSK modes, not phone or cw.

Any suggestion eagerly welcomed.