Jim,

Tune is the best way to test.. When you push Tun, you should see the Start/Stop go to red and if you look in the "mic" TX meter position while in Tun, you should see "0 dbm" in the mic meter.. One other suggestion, be sure to reset the database, and try again. If this all still fails, then give me a call at the Support number, 512-250-8595.

73,
Dudley

WA5QPZ

Jim Madden wrote:
Although the panadapter shows a strong signal when I select TUN, there is no
output power shown on the powersdr meter and the swr shows as 1.0

I connected a power meter between the 5000 and my antenna and also no power
when transmitting. Rx seems fine.

I started analyzing this a bit as for the last 2 days I've been unable to
make any contacts.

Is there some kind of self test mode that will tell me the status of the
transmitter?

Also, what is actually showing on the pan adapter when I am transmitting if
no power is being produced by the transmitter?

Thanks very much

Jim

KD7GND