From: flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz
[mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of vtnn...@comcast.net
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2009 6:54 PM
To: Flex Radio
Subject: [Flexradio] Phantom signals on 6M

I was tuning around today and made my first contact ever on six with my 5000
via CW and Skimmer.
BTW, how do owners of "regular radios" stand not having a panadapter ?

However I noticed that there were a number of phantom signals on six. For
instance I would see a CW signal and try to tune it but it would move AWAY
from me. Then I noticed that a CW signal elsewhere was pulsing in sync with
the first signal and I could actually tune it. And while tuning the phantom
signal it would move as I tuned. And an number of other signals did the same
thing. Also while tuning some spikes showed up at various places and while
tuning they would move around and disappear .

This is with v1.19.0 SVN 3010. Then I started up v1.18.0 and they are there
too. The firmware is

1.3.0.0 and the firewire driver is 3.4.0.5254.

Does anyone have any idea as to what is going on here?

Zack
N8FNR
05:55:00