Gerald,

Great idea!

A few years ago we outsourced our IT Service Desk, but people kept calling the
folks they knew that could help them solve problems (often these are busy
developers and operations folks who have other work to do.)

That kept happening until the developers stopped answering questions and
pointed people to the official service desk.

Now, the ONLY way to get something fixed is to call (or email) the service desk
- all other requests for help from developers or operations people are ignored.

That model works very well for us (and it sounds like what Bob has committed
to.)

I think the quality of work you guys do is incredible, and I hate to see the
quality perception suffer because of this.  Thanks for putting the thought into
a separate process for alpha testers.  I know it will take discipline to make
it work, but it will be much better!

Keep up the great work!

Mark

W8XR