Stu:

WOW, those are some signals.

Yes, you will need the BCI filter. The front end is being hit pretty hard. And yes, you can put it into the loop and it will work perfectly. You have entirely too much gain in the radio for 160m-40m anyway so there will be no degradation.

Try the buffer settings in the driver control panel to improve your sensitivity to stalls in your computer.

Good luck!
Bob
N4HY

Stu Phillips wrote:
Bob,

Thanks for the second pair of eyes on the fault matrix for
troubleshooting!

My station is remote (about 0.25 miles from the house) controlled via
Ethernet and audio via a phone patch on the PBX...  took a few to walk
down and swap everything around.

Freeze - I've seen the problem on both normal and safe mode 1 so
switched to safe mode 2 and see what happens.

BCI - both receivers behave identically - I swapped the K9AY to RX1 - no
spurii - then verified that RX2 behaves the same as RX1 when fed
directly with the same antennas.

So, I think that eliminated the switching matrix and shows both RX
behave the same way.  Just FYI, the stations that generate the spurii
are hot - all better than -30dBm on the inverted L - AM860 is -25 dBm.

Stu N6TTO