It seems there is more than one mis-named control. I am still trying to figure out just what the AGC-T is really doing. Seems as though it might be Pwr SDR version dependent? Really, I am not whining, I would just like to get a good handle on things. I like my fairly new F5KA very much. I am actually considering the sale of a boat-anchor or two (gasp! - perish the thought!).

Bob KF6BC
On Jul 8, 2009, at 11:33 AM, Tim Ellison wrote:

Spur Reduction is really a mis-named control. What it does to DDS spurs is actually shifts them about 3 KHz so if you have one in your RX passband, it will shift it out (assuming a 3 KHz or smaller RX passband). So there are cases where you want to shift a DDS spur, the SR control is very useful.

It is not used so much with the FLEX family of SDRs as they are, for all practical purposes free of DDS spurs in the ham bands. This control was a "must have" for the SDR-1000.

-Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Lloyd [mailto:brian-wb6...@lloyd.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 08, 2009 2:17 PM
To: Bob McGwier
Cc: Tim Ellison; FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz; MILLER, Tom
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Speed issue

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 6:43 AM, Bob McGwier<rwmcgw...@gmail.com> wrote:
If that fixes it, don't feel bad Tim M.  I designed the original spur
reduction strategy.  I know it needs to be done because a) we can and
b) we should and I STILL get caught with SR off and wondering WTH happened.

I bet that fixes it.

Not to be an annoying gadfly or anything but since spur reduction should always be on, why is there a button to turn it off? And if there is a special case where you occasionally might want it off, maybe that should be in the configuration section.

Just thinking aloud.

73 de Brian, WB6RQN/J79BPL