Tim

Yes yes I know...I've been told all that before by Dudley, but I'm just a
nervous Nelly with my new baby....LOL

Actually I'm more worried about the Flex 3000 tuner in Olivia than the PA.

I run a full size 80 meter loop which loads up fine on 80 to 10, but I have
read reports of folks smoking LDZ tuners with higher power Olivia because of
the duty cycle.  Not sure if the tuner is a Flex built unit or was outsourced.

If there is one thing I would improve on the Flex, it would be a wider on the
match capabilities than 4:1 in the tuner and not knowing the guts of the tuner,
maybe one that is over spec'd to 200 watts for long key down modes like Olivia.
 I'd be happy to beta test any improved ones....LOL>

> From: telli...@itsco.com
> To: se_on...@hotmail.com; brian-wb6...@lloyd.com
> CC: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
> Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 23:24:17 -0400
> Subject: RE: [SPAM] Re: [Flexradio] Digital mode RX levels, a question and
> comment
>
> Don't worry about the PA.  72C is loafing.  You are recommended to give the
> PA a rest @ 90 C.  The folks at FlexRadio have done 100 watt key downs on
> both radios for an hour with no ill effects.

I'd guess that was into a perfect 50 ohm load with no tuner, or bypass by the
way, not having read the test procedure.