What do I need for running DRM on the F5K? The DRM shows we need external software! You mentioned DREAM software. What version and how to install it? Are there regular test times and frequencies? Any DRM going on on the Ham bands?

John VE3DVV

Message: 23
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 01:01:22 -0500
From: "Mel Whitten" <m...@melwhitten.com>
Subject: [Flexradio] VOA broadcasting DRM
To: "FlexRadio" <FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz>

VOA and HCJB ran a "demo" earlier this evening (Monday night 0100 to 0400 utc) broadcasting DRM (digital radio mondiale). VOA had a whopping big signal out here in the Midwest on 9405kHz. Included in the broadcast was a second service, a multimedia "slideshow." I decoded 25 pixs. With the 5000A and Dream software, the audio was superb. Did anyone else catch the broadcast? Doug Levin (show host) was playing "American Gold" - first ten years of Rock-n-Roll." I believe, since this was the -first- DRM broadcast by the VOA. Perhaps, we'll see and hear more DRM from them in the future.
Mel, K0PFX