[Flexradio] DRM and Flex
The program works great.  Put PowerSDR/5000A into DRM mode and decodes much
better than SAM.

Mike

Brian C
Wed, 05 Aug 2009 11:43:40 -0700

Here are the files (attached) needed for decoding DRM. They were once readily
available online, but, I've noticed it's difficult to find them with a simple
search, so I uploaded them for Flexer's convenience at the URL below. This
program is for Windows, and it works well with the SDR1000, Win XP Pro, Flex
PowerSDR 1.18.2, on a 3 gHz, Pentium 4 single core machine, 32 bit, using 2GB
of RAM.

http://tinyurl.com/mcrwmq

I listen to DRM on the Sackville, NB relay of Radio Canada International on 9.8
mHz. You'll recognize DRM because it sounds like digital hash (white noise) and
it looks like a 10 kHz wide, flat-top, digital signal in the Flex panadapter.

Unzip the DRM files into a folder called DRM and click DRM.exe which will open
the program.

Tune in the DRM signal with your Flex radio. I have the best results using the
SAM mode with a 10 kHz filter, centered on the DRM signal. Set up your
soundcard to decode the signal in your DRM program preferences. If the signal
is strong enough, you should be able to decode the DRM signal. When using my
SDR1000, I mute the Flex Console. It takes quite a bit of signal (-75 dBm or
more) to decode DRM successfully.

Good Luck!

Brian