I think it's wonderful that Neal is offering a turnkey computer solution for
people who don't want to tweak their systems. I use a Dell Dimension 8400,
circa 2005. It's 4 years old, but it works great for the SDR1000 and always
has. For the 3K and 5K you'd need to add a firewire card and 2G of RAM but
those are inexpensive items, easy to install. The Dell Dimension 8400 is still
available used at eBay (including pre-installed WinXP) for about $250, which is
what I paid, used. See item number 180394182401.