FWIW I see no lag with Eltima virtual com port driver, PSDR 1.18.2 and F3K. Lag and hang with com0com and vcom.

-Larry

On Aug 12, 2009, at 8:31 AM, "John Sweeney" <n...@comcast.net> wrote:

Paul,

I have the same lag with HRD ver. 5.0 beta. Others have also reported this
lag and about one month ago Simon posted that he was looking into this
issue. For PTT with DM-780, I suggest PTT by comport, rather than PTT by software command. I know some have resorted to using two physical real serial ports on their PC's and connect with a real serial cable between the two, then no lag. How quaint, real cables! There appears to be a issue with communicating between our virtual com ports and HRD ver. 5.0. In the meantime, I use Fldigi program for digi ops, which operates fine with no
lag.

John, N3WT

-----Original Message-----
From: flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz
[mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz]on Behalf Of Dudley Hurry
Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 11:07 AM
To: Paul Delaney
Cc: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] 5000A and HRD

Paul,

There are some Com settings in HRD that you might adjust to see if it
helps with the lag. In the Options menu of HRD, Comms menu I have the
refresh interval set at the lowest and Read timeout set to 50ms,  but
this will vary according to the speed of your computer and how you may
have your virtual coms setup..

73,
Dudley

WA5QPZ

Paul Delaney wrote:

I'm having a great time with my new 5000A!
I received it yesterday, have it hooked up, and managed to get VAC
working.
I'm also using HRD and I notice that when tuning with HRD it takes a
bit of time for the 5000 to 'catch up' with the movement of the HRD
tuning slider. Prior to this I was using HRD with my SDR-1000 and did
not experience any slowing of the tuning using HRD. I am using the
same PC with QX9650 CPU.

Are there some settings that might improve the tracking with HRD?

Paul Delaney
paul.hamra...@verizon.net
http://k6hr.dyndns.org:8080
k...@k6hr.ampr.org