Excellent, Dudley!  This is exactly what I thought and was looking for.
Thank you very much for the info.
73, Tad, WF4W


 

"What a long, strange trip it's been"
 
The Grateful Dead
 
Truckin'

--- On Mon, 8/17/09, Dudley Hurry <[email protected]> wrote:


From: Dudley Hurry <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Question about Station Automation using the Flex 3000
To: "Tad Williamson" <[email protected]>
Cc: [email protected]
Date: Monday, August 17, 2009, 2:04 PM


Tad,

I think that everything you want to do can be handled with DDUtil,  along with 
Com0Com..   Please read the setup articles for DDUtil. 
http://kc.flex-radio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50065.aspx

http://kc.flex-radio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50078.aspx

http://kc.flex-radio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50345.aspx

These should help..

73,
Dudley

WA5QPZ



Tad Williamson wrote:
> Good day all, I purchased a Flex 3000 Saturday at Huntsville.  It's supposed 
> to ship today.
> I may be jumping-the-gun since I don't have the 3000 and can't play with 
> this, but I thought I'd pose the question to see if anyone else had dealt 
> with this before.
> My station has a lot of automation features that work very well now.  I would 
> like to continue to use them with the 3000 and am hoping some of you have 
> some experience with this.
> Currently, when my radio(K3) changes frequency, band,mode, etc. (whether 
> manually or by clicking on a telnet spot) the following occurs(mostly 
> simultaneously):
> 1.   My MicroHam Band Decoder changes to the proper band
> 2.   My AT-Auto Antenna Tuner selects one of 2 outputs and either tunes or 
> bypasses the tuning depending on the band.
> 3.   The output from the Band Decoder drives a remote antenna switch to 
> select the proper antenna.
> 4.   My Tokyo Hy-Power HL-1.5Kfx changes to the proper band.
>  All of this occurs thru the CAT on the K3/PC except the amplifier which uses 
>the BAND outputs from the 15 Pin accessory port on the K3.
>  I realize that the 3000's "other-half'" is the PC, so since the 3000 doesn't 
>have a serial port, can these CAT and other commands be generated through the 
>computer and ported through serial connections?
>  Forgive me if this has been asked and answered, I haven't been very deep in 
>the posts yet.
> Thanks and 73, WF4W, Tad
>   
> 
>  
> "What a long, strange trip it's been"
>  The Grateful Dead
>  Truckin'
> _______________________________________________
> FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
> [email protected]
> http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
> Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
> Knowledge Base: http://kc.flex-radio.com/  Homepage: 
> http://www.flex-radio.com/
> Message delivered to [email protected]
> 
>   
_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flex-radio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/
Message delivered to [email protected]

Reply via email to