I'm a new Flex owner and I really like this radio! But...

I have a problem with MixW working with my new 5000A.

New download of MixW

PSDR 1.18.2

Recent downloads of Com0Com and VAC (4.9)

Dell Dimension 8300 3Ghz P4 w/XP Pro SP2

 (computer appears as stable as any Windows box can be. DPCs avg about 30uS)

Mode used when testing: PSK31

Radio has been working FB on SSB and CW for the past week. So I decided to
try to set up for the digital modes.

I first tried to set up the two programs that I normally use - Didipan and
MMTTY. Both programs worked normally although I did not make any contacts
with MMTTY. Digipan was working great and I had made about a dozen
contracts. I was really happy with the way it all worked. But then Digipan
stopped working. The radio would key but no RF. MMTTY continued to work
normally. I also had FLDIGI available and I set it up also. It worked just
fine.

So I downloaded a copy of MixW to try.

After getting MixW set up and working on PSK (into a dummy load) I did some
brief testing on the air and all was good. Then I spent some time setting up
the macros and just tuning around to see how the program worked.

At some point I keyed the radio and noted that I had no RF out. The radio
keyed normally but no RF and no sound from the monitor. The panadapter
showed a mostly flattop spectral shape about half as high as the display. It
was if the output virtual cable from MixW to PSDR had been disconnected.
Looks like the same problem I had with Digipan. I tried MMTTY and FLDIGI at
this point they continued to work OK.

I have tried reloading the DB. That actually fixed the problem with MixW for
a few minutes. Without changing anything it went from working to not working
in a few minutes of testing. I reloaded the DB many times and sometimes it
would work for a short period of time and sometimes it did not work at all.

In all cases the receive functions of these programs work normally even when
the transmit function did not. VAC was set the same way in all programs as
far as what cable was the input and what was the output.

I tried all the normal fixes like rebooting the computer. I swapped the
virtual cables. I reloaded VAC. I have fiddled with the numbers in the VAC
program control panel. I've tried various combinations of sample rates in
the PSDR VAC panel and MixW setup. I would like to use MixW but I can't seem
to find the right combination of settings that can make it stable.

Anyone have any hints?

Thanks,

Mark K5XH