I thought I'd share my experience recently concerning what difference the
firewire cable can make in a Flex setup.

I've gotten my famous cheap ($165) PC all settled in, and part of my process
of locking things down was I decided to replace my Flex-supplied firewire
cable with the best and shortest one I could get from Granite Digital. I got
their super shielded 18" cable.

And it makes a difference! I can run smaller buffers in the driver settings
and PSDR Auido->Primary settings. And I can run larger DSP receive buffer
sizes too - the occasionally stuttering that I used to have is GONE with
this new cable. Who'da thunk it? Get the best and shortest firewire cable
you can.

Also, I used yesterdays list mention of the keyboard -> Flex function
mapping to finish up my VX Revolution mouse setup. Now when I am focused on
PSDR the mouse functions like this:

-Scroll wheel - normal, but with a slightly fast flip it switches to
free-wheel smooth mode - Nice! Just like spinning the big old weighted knob
on an old radio.

-Scroll wheel tilt right/left - bumps my frequency 10KHz number up or down

-Button right behind the scroll wheel - toggles PSDR Tune mode on and off

-Horizontal scroll wheel - adjusts AGC-T up and down

-Horizontal scroll wheel push - mute and un mute audio

-Two buttons behind the horizontal scroll wheel - bumps filter width up and
down

Of course if I change my mind about how I want things to work it's no
problem to change it to perfection. Again - who needs knobs? I can do about
95% of what I do with the radio now without moving the mouse to the gui and
clicking here and there.

Since it's programmable per executable all of the functions do the different
things that I want when I'm in Firefox or Outlook.

Very cool device, and very cool that the Flex can be controlled so much via
keyboard strokes.

Best Regards,

Michael Jones W0STB