Bad news about the change to the V/U module spec. Being outside the US, and
not wanting to be without the radio for an extended period or risk shipping
it, I would've gone for the self-install 30W version. Looks like I've just
been converted from a good sale prospect into "definitely not a sale
prospect"! Pity, because, for me, one of the key features of the Flex has
been support for field upgrades.

So far as I know, there's no workshop facility in the UK for the Flex radios
- I certainly wouldn't trust mine to the workshops of any of the main
dealers, having seen some of their workmanship!

Keith