From: Dudley Hurry <jhu...@austin.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] some help please on 5000
To: "elan paim" <paimg0...@btinternet.com>
Cc: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Date: Tuesday, 3 November, 2009, 4:03 AM

Elan,

Forgot to answer on the monitor,  this is the latency of the mic audio making
the rounds through all the software and back out,  you can speed this up by

1.  raising the sample rate or
2. lowing the buffer sizes.

The computer speed has somethings to do with this too.  If the computer is too
slow, you can not increase the sample or lower the buffer without drop
outs.   On a good fast well setup computer, normally you can get down to 512 on
the buffers and sample to 192K,  in the Normal Operational Mode in the FireWire
driver.  This will give you the least amount of latency,  but please read
Appendix "A"  in the User Guides,  it will explain the effects of the buffers
and Sample rates to the shape of the filters.
Hope this helps,

73,
Dudley

WA5QPZ