Sorry that this question is a little off the wall...

Does anyone have the ability to measure the effort required to push in
the power switch button on a Flex 5000?

I operate a full remote station and I'm thinking about using an RC servo
to drive a remote "button pusher" -  I'd like to have some clue about
the torque required as that affects the price of the servo in no small
degree.

I have a very simple servo driver using a 555 timer that could make for
a very simple RS-232 operated remote "switch".

Anyone have suitable equipment to measure the required force?

Thanks

Stu K6TU

PS: Yes, I could add a relay across the switch to apply the necessary
pulse but I'd like to keep my (nearly new) Flex under warranty!  Also,
wedging the power button in doesn't work for me as this causes the rear
PTT line to be inop after powering up via the PSU! J