The station is on the air at 14.256

Bob

In a message dated 12/3/2009 11:35:35 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
g...@flex-radio.com writes:

FlexRadio Crowd:

FlexRadio is helping out this weekend with a  very special event in Central
Texas:  The National Museum of the  Pacific War is having their grand
RE-OPENING this weekend and the Hill  Country Amateur Radio Club will be
operating Flex Radios at their special  events station N5P.  President
George
H.W. Bush and family will be  there Monday December 7th to dedicate the new
Bush Gallery.  There  will also be several other notable VIPs plus 20,000 of
our closest friends  on hand for the events.

The Hill Country ARC has done a great job of  setting up N5P and asked if we
could bring some "Made in Texas!" radios  along.  We're bringing a
FLEX-5000A
and a FLEX-3000.  They've  also gotten several other Naval musuems and
ship/sub displays that have ham  radio to get on the air this weekend for
the
event.  Please check out  the information below and stop by on the air to
meet some of the local  operators.  Gerald and I will be around providing
technical support  for the operation.

I want to give a special thanks to Marilyn  Vordenbaum KE5DDR and the folks
at Gastenhaus Schmidt for graciously  providing lodging this weekend for
FlexRadio at the Sunset House Bed and  Breakfast.  Check them out at
www.fbglodging.com if you're ever  looking for a wonderful B&B in the Texas
Hill Country!

Ok,  Ok.... I know what you're asking: "Why a Naval Museum in the Texas
Hill
Country?"  It's the birthplace of Admiral Chester Nimitz.   The museum
started in their house and just grew... and grew!

Hope to  hear you folks on the air this weekend.  Listen for  us!

73,
Greg - WD0ACD
Gerald - K5SDR

Special Event  Station - N5P

By the Hill Country Amateur Radio Club - Kerrville, Texas  - and the amateur
radio operators of Fredericksburg and Gillespie County,  Texas.

Friday, December 4 thru Monday, December 7, 2009

This is  a special event station to celebrate the grand re-opening of the
new
George  H. W. Bush Gallery at the National Museum of the Pacific War, and
commemorate the service to our country of thousands of hams during World
War
II.

Please mark your calendars to make sure and work this  station. Also, if
you're in the area, come by and visit the museum anytime  during the event.
During your visit, if you would care to operate N5P,  please bring a current
copy of your Amateur Radio License, and we'll be  glad to accommodate you
for
some QSOs.

Museum location:
National  Museum of the Pacific
Admiral Nimitz Museum
340 East Main  Street
Fredericksburg, TX 78624

Frequencies + / -
Sideband:  3.940, 7.275, 14.255, 21.275, 28.475
CW: 3.555, 7.055, 14.055, 21.055,  28.055
Digital: 3.580-3.590, 7.080-7.090, 14.080-14.090,  21.080-21.090,
28.080-28.090

QSL Information:
N5P, Nimitz  Foundation
328 E. Austin Street