Well I can dream of being able to stay in Linux and use my Flex 3000.
When I boot to Windows XP I lose my email access, ability to transfer
files across my network, access to most of my IRC sessions, all my
bookmarked URLs and local files. Windows is pretty crippled for me. I
can only wait until I can build a Box that runs SDR and Hamradio apps in
a  Microsoft environment  and add it to my KVM.  Seeing how small a
share of the OS market Linux has I don't see people exporting lots of
Ham radio applications to it. As most ham radio stuff is payware and
donationware. Linux is not an attractive environment for most Amateur
Radio software authors as it is pretty much a freeware environment. Some
have said "never" about Linux ports.

Steven

--
 Regards de KC6KGE