On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 7:53 AM, vai...@libero.it <vai...@libero.it> wrote:
> I am a Flex 5000a user and I am testing
> DDutil now, because I will control my Antennas Switch from PowerSDR. I managed
> to connect MixW to DDutil as RCP1 without any problem.
> I also have the LPT1
> controlling my external antenna device.
> Now I am connecting WSPR to DDutil as
> RCP2, but WSPR does not open the CAT line.
> I have:
> for CAT:
> Power SDR to COM 18
> Pair COM 8 to DDutil
> DDutil to Com 21 pair COM 11 to WSPR
>
> for PTT:
> Power SDR
> PTT to COM 19 pair COM 9 to WSPR PTT

I ran into a number of problems getting WSPR to work properly with
WSPR. From bits and pieces I have gleaned from others I have come up
with a configuration that allows PowerSDR to work with WSPR 100%
reliably.

1. I used VSP manager to provide the virtual serial port pairs.

2. I did not use DDutil between PowerSDR and WSPR. I had PowerSDR and
WSPR communicating using a two VSP port pairs.

3. WSPR did not work with PTT via CAT. I had to use a second VSP port
pair just to handle PTT.

4. WSPR did not properly communicate with PowerSDR when the SDR-1000
command set was used. I had to use the TS-2000 command set.

5. Someone suggested that WSPR does not work properly with COM ports
above 9. While I did not do exhaustive testing, I did have trouble
when I was trying to use a COM port value of 16 while COM port values
below 10 seem to work.

5. I did use VAC for the audio streams.

Here is the procedure.

1. Create two port pairs. I used COM6/COM7 and COM8/COM9. The first
port pair (6/7) is used for CAT and the second (8/9) is used for PTT.

2. Set up a pair of virtual cables in VAC.

3. Configure PowerSDR to do CAT on port COM6. Other params are: 8 data
bits, no parity, one stop bit, 19200 bps.

4. Configure PowerSDR to do PTT using DTR on COM8.

5. Set the radio ID to be TS-2000.

On  WSPR set:

6. PTT via DTR on COM9.

7. CAT on COM7 with a Kenwood TS-2000. Serial port settings should be
8 data bits, no parity, one stop bit, 19200 bps.

Once I set things up this way WSPR worked properly with PowerSDR.

--
73 de Brian, WB6RQN/J79BPL