The magic is in the AGC-T control

http://kc.flex-radio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50153.aspx

-Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz
[mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of David Cole
Sent: Monday, December 21, 2009 4:43 PM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] (no subject)

Can anyone help with this observation - firstly I have had two Flex 5000A -
after selling the first I missed the 5k so much that I bought another. Ok onto
the observation. My interest is 80m DX which involves attempting to receive
very weak signals (SSB) . A friend has lent me a K3 to try out for a month or
so and I have given it a good testing over the past two weeks - and in every
comparison the recovered audio on weak signals is far superior to the 5k - I
have tried playing with the equalizer but I cannot get it any where near the K3
- on the K3 the week signals are clear and easy to read, on the other hand the
5K is to mellow and rounded - its not sharp enough. Has anbody tried this and
are there any fixes that I can do to bring the recovered audio on the  5K up to
the K3. Sensitivity wise I would say they are the same, many thanks and Happy
Holidays to all from Dave.

Dave G3RCQ