A few folks had asked some specifics on the noise reduction unit - I
answered off the list so I'll repeat the info here.

The unit I have is a :

bhi Ltd. NOISE AWAY Amplified DSP Module (ANEM)

it is a little plastic box with power, audio in, audio out jacks, and a
power and a function push button.

I bought it from www.w4rt.com for $179.

I think bhi makes a little nicer unit with level controls and whatnot - I'd
probably go with that if I had to do it again. No biggie though.

I downloaded the current manual from http://www.bhi-ltd.com/ - the
instructions that came with the unit were way out of date.

I am feeding it audio from the FlexWire line-out pin. The level was too low
for what the box expected, but the new manual details how to cut the leg on
a resister and adjust the levels inside the little box. After doing that all
is FB.

Several folks have replied to me describing the settings they are using for
PSDR NR - it is interesting that they are all over the map!

My feeling is that this little box does what a software defined noise
reducer should do - it makes all those adjustments for you.

Why should I have to mess with fidgety combinations of three different
variables?

What I'd like is just noise reduction.

Yes, I want to be a noise reduction appliance operator.

Press a button and the noise is gone.

And that is what this little gizmo delivers.

Best regards,

Michael Jones W0STB