Well almost a new Flex

I got an Ameritron ALS-1300 1200W solid state amp that I married to my F5K,
along with a modified Ameritron RCS-4 antenna switch.

Both the switch and the amp can band follow the Flex using K5FR's DDUTIL as the
interpreter.  SOOOO that means I have a 1200W F5K that switches the antenna and
the amp automatically, and automatically sets the drive for the amp, when I
change frequencies.  All I have to do is click a DX spot in spot collector and
hit the key.   Almost a new radio.  If you want to read about how to set this
up check my blog.  Finally there is an easy and reliable way to get data out of
the F5K to control the rest of the station!  This actually in my opinion is a
better system than the old X2 port on the SDR-1000.  It costs about 19 bucks to
implement and will work with the F3K too (and probably the F 1500 when it hits
the stands).

w9oy-sdr.blogspot.com