Thanks who all responded.  I figured out it was my external Linksys Wireless
connection LAN device that was causing the latency problem. It has a USB
connection which I tried a few other ports without luck. Now I need to figure
out a way to get wireless signals without causing havoc on the 5000A; maybe
I'll just try to run hardwire to my router from the shack.