Need some help with finding a new video card. My monitor back light went on
the system I use with the 1000 and the 5000. Bought a new 22" lcd monitor
beautiful display,anyway the monitor has vga-dvi-1 and hdmi inputs. My p-4
computer has only PCI slots. My existing video card..older.. will not support
the native display frequency of the new monitor which is 1680 x 1050. and no
new drivers from the mfg are coming from the card maker. The monitor looks
really nice in its native resolution much better than the resolution Iam using
now. Is there any way I can find a new video card that will support this 1680 x
1050. I see lots of cards that show MAX  resolutions much higher than the one I
need,but if the 1680x1050 is not included in the display picks shown by the
card ,it leaves me where I am now. I think the 1680x1050 is called WSXga? I
looked at bunch's of cards,down loaded the manuals,but very few show all the
resolutions the card will do. Iam using the DVI-1 input on the monitor from the
dvi-1 output on the card.
   any guidance on this would sure be appreciated.
73's
dale wt4t