Read the article on the flex website about checking IRQ use - I reckon your
firewire card is probably sharing an IRQ with several other devices..

-----Original Message-----
From: flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz
[mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of Ron Wenig
Sent: Thursday, 4 February 2010 3:23 AM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] Distorted Audio

Hi Everyone,

I just received me new Flex 3000.  Right now I'm just using it to
receive while I'm getting familiar with it.  While I am listening to it,
after about 5 minutes, the audio sounds distorted.  I can clear up the
distortion by clickin stop and start again and it sounds good for a while.

I'm using a Dell Optiplex 330, dual core 2.13 GHz Intel processor with 2
gig of ram.  The operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium.  I used the
supplied CD to install drivers and Power SDR.  The firewire card is Via
PCI card.

73, Ron ny3j