I bought a Pyle Pro PT2 from Amazon new for abt $50 - works great with the
Flex 5K, a pair of Sony Speakers.  Now I have a real volume control knob.

Dave WN5V

-----Original Message-----
From: flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz
[mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of Bill Jourdain
Sent: Friday, February 05, 2010 9:21 AM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Speaker project (was the 'bose speakers')

I use a Pyle Pro PTA2 amplifier with a pair of old RS Optimus-77 metal
bookshelf speakers.  The PTA2 is small and about the size of the old
RS stereo amp that Dick mentions below and works very well.  Even
though the speakers are oldish, they still sound great.  I've had no
problem with RF or hash with this setup.  You can read about the PTA2
here:  http://www.pyleaudio.com/itemdetail.asp?model=PTA2

By the way, I feed the audio from three radios (Flex-3000, TM-D710 and
PSR-600 scanner)into a Behringer Micromix MX-400 very small format mixer
(http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/MX400.aspx), and feed the output
of the mixer into the PTA2.  Works great!

73,

Bill
AB4BJ
http://www.ab4bj.com