Here's another follow-up.

Evidence is clear now that my "no power output when transmitter keyed"
problem was the result of a lack of computer memory resources. What I
haven't figured out is why the same computer setup worked fine for
months before the problem appeared. I chalk that up to the basic
nature of personal computing. Things change behind the scenes that we
are not told about. I suspect an automatic update to Windows or
Firefox brought this on.

Experiments have clearly shown that it's easy for my computer to run
low enough on RAM resources to cause PowerSDR to misbehave. Recall
that my computer is equipped with a Pentium Dual Core running at 2.4
GHz with (only) 2 GB RAM and Windows XP Home Edition. If I run Firefox
AND Ham Radio Deluxe (IP Server & Logbook) and an email client. Within
just a few attempts to transmit, I encounter the "no power output
failure." Sometimes the radio will literally lock up and I have to
pull the power supply to reset the box. I've ordered another 2 GB of
RAM but it won't be here for several days.

If I don't run Ham Radio Deluxe, the "no power output" problem occurs
rarely.

So what could I do to make more memory resources available to
PowerSDR? The obvious first answer is to uninstall or disable any
System Tray items that aren't needed. Any program that loads into
memory to perform a function that isn't really needed had to go.

What else could I do? Surely I should be able to "optimize" Windows XP
to run as lean and mean as possible. I did some research and found an
article at the Microsoft Support site that addresses this objective
specifically.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308417

This article is very informative. It provides a link to something
Microsoft calls "Guided Help" which will walk you through the process
of adjusting Windows XP to use less RAM to function. If you don't want
to use the Guided Help executable, the article includes step-by-step
instructions for making the changes yourself. The result is more
memory for PowerSDR and the other apps I want to run. I made the
suggested changes.

So with the removal of a few unnecessary programs and tweaking Windows
XP to run a bit leaner, I am now able to run PowerSDR, Firefox and HRD
without the "no power output" problem at all. Life is good. Of course,
when the RAM upgrade arrives hopefully I can put a few things back the
way they were...more or less.

This is the end of the road for this issue. Hopefully my findings will
be of value to others running similar configurations.

Good luck!

73,

Frank N. Haas KB4T
Florida