There was a security update pushed out Tuesday that has been reported to cause problems. The affected update is KB977165. I had installed this update (not on my FLEX system) and a System Restore did not succeed. I have experienced no problems but cancelled the update on my FLEX system.

Ron W5RKN

From: "budirving" <budirv...@comcast.net>
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2010 5:22 PM
To: <flexradio@flex-radio.biz>
Subject: [Flexradio] Fatal error

I just received several automatic updates (important security updates) to my OS and now PowerSDR doesn't work. Below is the message I get when I try to
start PowerSDR.  Has anyone else seen this today?  Any thoughts on what to
do to fix it?

PowerSDR was working fine before the updates; now, after the updates, it
will not load.  OS is Win7 Home Premium, 64 bit, computer is HP Pavilion
with quad core Q9300 and 6G Ram.

I suspect that it would all go back to working if I were to restore my
system to an earlier save point, but probably would be better to keep the
updates.

The error message says:

Resource

at serialPorts.SerialSTream..ctor(String resource,Int32 baudRate, Parity

parity, Int32 dataBits, StopBits stopBits, Int32 readTimeout, Int32

writeTimeout, Handshake handshake, Boolean dtrEnable, Boolean

rtsEnable, Boolean discardNull, Byte parityReplace)

               at SerialPorts.SerialPort.Open()

               At SDRSerailSupportII.SDRSerailPort.Create(Boolean
bit_band_only)

               at PowerSDR.SIOListenerII.enableCAT()

               at PowerSDR.Console.set_CATEnabled(Boolean value)

               at PowerSDR.Setup.initCATandPTTProps()

               at PowerSDR.ConsoleInitConsole()

               at PowerSDR.Console.ctor(String[] args)

               at PowerSDR.Console.Main(String[] args)