Bob,

Apparently you are of the opinion that VHF activity is limited to sideband
and FM repeaters. There is plenty of 2 meter simplex action in New England,
both horizontally and vertically polarized. There is also a good deal of 6
meter FM during openings for when you are sick of the '59 goodbye' contacts.
In its current form, I don't believe the deviation is wide enough to sound
full on a decent 2 meter rig. One thing is for sure, the FM transmit quality
between my IC-271 and the Flex is astounding. If "proper shaping of the
audio" fixes this, I'll be a happy camper.

73's
Dave K1FSY