How do you have CAT configured with FLDIGI?  RigCat?

-Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Tatum [mailto:m...@f5vkm.com]
Sent: Friday, February 19, 2010 9:20 PM
To: Tim Ellison
Cc: Dave Beumer W0DHB; 'Ray - K9DUR'; flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] VAC 4.10

Hi Tim,

CAT works fine, it's instant, tune the F3K and fldigi and BandMaster
keep track of the frequency instantly, the delay seems to be
with the sound getting into fldigi, I've been giving away points in
the ARRL International DX CW Contest and I am decoding the morse in
my head and replying to the stations and when I finish the QSO fldigi
is still showing the QSO coming in, it's a long way behind me!
(I'm using my Schurr Profi II twin paddle)

I'm using the VAC settings from the FlexRadio knowledge-base, are
there any other tweaks I can make to improve the speed of
sound getting into fldigi?
If not, I will try hooking the F3K up to another PC's sound card
running Ubuntu Linux and run fldigi on it as this is how I have been
doing it with conventional
radios and the decoding is instant.

Maybe it is fldigi that runs slow under windows?
As I said, this is my first time back on windows for many years and
so I am not used to how it performs, or doesn't as the case may be ;))

One thing I must add is that the filtering on the F3K is stunning,
I'm working CW stations that are on top of each other without any
problems at all,
the 50Hz filter is extremely useful in contest conditions and with
some fine adjustment of the AGC/AF there is no ringing at all which
makes it a lot
easier on the ears!

For a few of the stations I've actually narrowed down the filter even
further from 50hz and I can still read the DX station without any
problems at all!

For all the little "Foibles" I'm having here at the moment I must
congratulate the FlexRadio team on producing such a fine piece of HAM
kit, it's
certainly the best receiver I have ever played with!

Cheers!

Mike.
M0AWS / F5VKM
http://www.f5vkm.com