From: flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz
[mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of Edwin Marzan
Sent: Saturday, 27 February 2010 5:21 AM
To: Tim Ellison; pmull...@adam.com.au; flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] reception idea?

Hello Tim,

Does this mean that an optimum setup on one band will not work (optimally)
on another band?

Edwin Marzan AB2VW

flexradio@flex-radio.biz
> Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 09:57:10 -0500
> Subject: RE: [Flexradio] reception idea?
>
> A point of clarification.
>
> Synchronous diversity works in PB-PAL, but you have to manually null (or
enhance) the signal of interest by changing the phase and gain yourself.
Automation is slated to come later.

> You will need a FLEX-5000 with the RX2 installed to do synchronous
diversity. There are some strict requirements regarding phase and gain
coherency between the two physical receivers in order to accomplish
synchronous diversity. Also you will need an antenna configuration that will
compliment diversity reception, such as two antennas that are different in
polarization and/or physically separated by at least 1/2 wavelength of the
frequency you are receiving.