From: flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz
[mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of Paul Mullins
Sent: Saturday, March 13, 2010 7:59 AM
To: FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] SWR readings whats going on

I have becoming more and more concerned with displayed results.

I keep getting HIGH SWR warnings on the display.
So what you say press the ATU button, this happens after a FULL TUNE, the ATU
setting window states at the moment SWR 1.1  forware power 11 watts reflected 0
sweet, sorry not.
now tx using the TUN button or whistle in to mic, forward power 61 watts,
reflected 12 watts now stick it into some thing like this
http://www.ac6v.com/swrmeter.html

and you get an SWR of 2.59:1 yes thats high but, hang on I just tuned that.
The drop down does not indicate the swr as well. What do I do??????

I really dont know

Any ideas. or is there a way of calibrating the swr pickups on the ATU board???

Just did something to prove a point dummy load on ANT 3

forward power 10 watts
reflected power 3 watts
swr cal of 1.6:1 on PwerSDR
web page cal 3:1 on my very good dummy load (bird 100 watt unit)

ATU calculation of 1.3:1 ( in the ATU settings)

In bypass mode forward 50 watts reflected 1 watt web calc swr of 1.2:1 flex
calc of 1.3:1 close .

So does this mean I have a fault in the ATU again?.

cheers sort of

Paul

--
Me, Myself and I accepts no liability for the content of this E-Mail, or for
the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided,

WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via E-Mail. The recipient should
check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Me, Myself
and I accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by
this E-Mail.