From: flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz
[mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of Mark Lunday
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2010 5:03 PM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] OK, I installed with Win7. Great...er...uhm...

OK, CLEAN install.  1.18.5. firmware 1.2.5.6,  driver 3.5.0.7171,
successfully ran the full calibration of tests.

And now the "CRS disease" sets in.

1.      I am starting with K5FR out-of-the-starting gate.  DDUTIL (which I
had before) and VSP.  But I don't show any actual serial ports on my machine
since I installed Win7?  I can create a pair of virtual ports using VSP, but
that's no help!  This is simple, but I forgot something.
2.      DPC laency is consistently 150 microseconds (FINALLY), but the audio
quickly degrades into a raspy type of audio and the CPU util jumps up to
75%.  The audio also sounds jumpy.  Buffer is on 2048.  I am not running
anything but outlook and SDR.  SDR is showing like 25% of CPU.  Next biggest
consumer is System Interrupts a 10%.  When I run SDR in XPSP3 compat mode,
things seem to be a LOT better, like 7% from SDR.  Is that how I am supposed
to run? (maybe I did not get a copy of the memo?)

Mark Lunday, WD4ELG
mailto:wd4...@arrl.net
WD4ELG blog <http://wd4elg.blogspot.com> WD4ELG home page
<http://wd4elg.net>