I haven't looked at the PowerSDR very much but an application which is
required to run in near real-time should:

a) lock itself into memory and,
b) if there are enough cores / threads available it should set the affinity
of critical threads.

It's possible to get the information required to do this correctly from
Windows using the memory management API's and the system information API's.

The very best way to keep paging to a minimum is to have plenty of RAM. I
currently have 12GB but this is a rocket-box development system :)

Simon Brown, HB9DRV
http://sdr-radio.com