This is well discussed in some other forums, but you will find that Skype does have the most reliable connection, especially if you tell skype which port is open through your firewall (no, this will not make you a supernode if you do this). I only have a 1M connection at my remote base, and the audio is always as good as I can ask. Ipsound is via buggy and does not handle NAT traversal well 100% of the time. Last time I sniffed it, it was leaving ports in strange states.

Mike VA3MW

Gary Blau wrote:
Hi Harry:

I've also been interested in Teamviewer for this purpose, (since all I
can do is remote ops), but my tests with it had resulted in glitchy audio. So I set it aside. I have no problems with either IPsound or Skype. I presume I'm missing a setup tweak of some kind but I'll be darned if I can find much in there to adjust.
Thanks for any suggestions you can offer on this point.
The system is an attractive option, especially for getting thru firewalls when traveling, so I'd love to know how to tame the audio.

73,
Gary
W3AM

harryh...@aol.com wrote:
I have not seen this on the net here before, so I will throw it out
there. Teamviewer, which I have been using for some time as a remote
dektop, was upgraded with some new features. I had not tried them
until a couple months ago, but the one that is real exciting is the
fact that they now have a VoIP tunnel. This allows a VoIP audio
connection between your Flex desktop and the remote computer.
Previously you had to use Skype or IPsound (I have used both) to make
your audio connection, but now that is not necessary. The audio is
fantastic. I never liked Skype audio, and preferred IPsound. The
IPsounf program had too many issues with it. If a knowledge base
document would help the group, I would be willing to write one for
the good of the cause. This is absolutley the best remote operation
possiblility you can use!!!