Thanks, I think i may have to buy another hardware card and see if the card I have is the problem. I just read somewhere that not all hardware serial ports are created equal. Vendors are starting to use integrated software within addon cards to emulate hardware ports. I'll get a specified 16550 UART chip card, i think thats right, and try that.
Thanks Vic

On 5/8/2010 2:21 PM, Steve Nance wrote:
Victor,

I don't think DDUtil is the cause of your crashing problem. I would suspect
a OS or video or other driver issue.

The Passive Listener port is the preferred way to connect the AT-Auto to
DDUtil unless there is a MAJOR reason you need to send commands to the
tuner, which is what the repeater port is for. If you just have to talk to
the tuner there is a different setup you have to use for the tuner. See
section 10 in the Palstar manual for how to do this.

Good luck.

73,
Steve K5FR

-----Original Message-----
From: flexedge-boun...@flex-radio.biz
[mailto:flexedge-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of k4xtt
Sent: Saturday, May 08, 2010 12:55 PM
To: flexe...@flex-radio.biz; flex reflector
Subject: [FlexEdge] Computer complete lockup

Somebody from either reflector my know the answer to this:

Using a brand new Palstar AT-AUTO antenna tuner  Firmware rev. 2.11A
Pretty Betty SVN 3670 thru 3692
Fire wire Driver:  3.5.0.7171
Firmware: SDK: 3.5.2.8028  app: 2.0.2.2
PAL version 3.5.0.7171 as shown by Info in fire wire driver console
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, 4 GIG RAM,  AMD Phenon II x4 955 processor
DDUtil v1.8.5
vspMgr 1.0.1.017

Setup:
Start vspMgr and make comport pairs.
Start Flex radio and choose comport for Cat control, set baud rate,
check the box to activate.
Start DDUtil and chose comport on port page "Serial Port" to talk to
Flex radio. Complimentary to port chosen on Flex Cat page.
Choose "Pass Listen" comport set to port 5 which is a hardware comport
on my computer via an addon card with 4 port dongle.
Turn on Palstar Tuner which is set up for RS232 communication with radio
via serial cable.

Now tuning radio controls tuner, band switching, frequency tuning, etc.

Now choose "RCP1" CAT port for Fldigi
Set up Fldigi with complimentary cat port. Set baud rate, etc.

Now choosing frequency in Fldigi changes radio frequency and tuner band
and frequency.

All is well and good until an indeterminate amount of time passes and
the whole computer crashes!!  No blue screen, just lock up. From a few
minutes to an hour.  No rhythm to it.

Radio and Fldigi play nice together for hours with now problems.  Just
when I add the Tuner things go haywire.
By the way,  When trying to use DDUtil Repeater on the "Other" tab and
checking Pal for the Palstar tuner, does not work. I would have to use
Data type All.
Even using this setting, the computer crashes.

Do I have a driver mismatch?  Problem with tuner? How can I isolate
this?  Anyone see something like this before.
Using the standalone repeater, splitter, and comport generation
programs, I get the same results, so I do not think DDUtil is the culprit.

Thanks in advance.  Victor  K4XTT

This is the FlexRadio Systems e-mail Reflector called FlexEdge.  It is used
for posting topics related to SDR software development and experimentalist
who are using alpha and beta versions of the software.

02:26:00