On 5/28/2010 11:51 AM, Tim Ellison wrote:
I was looking at getting a nice headset, possibly noise canceling
which is broadcast quality with a wide range dynamic mic element.  I
am looking for suggestions other than Heil headsets since there are
limited options with the HC6 element.

I have looked into what radio and television broadcasters use for
sporting events, but wanted to get  actual opinions from users.

I have not used it on my Flex yet (waiting in the 1500 queue) but a Heil alternative recommended by Jim Brown K9YC of the Audio Systems Group is the Yamaha CM500 headset.

Jim publishes a lot of audio and RFI related materials. The article where I saw the Yamaha mentioned was

<http://audiosystemsgroup.com/RFI-Ham.pdf>

In really high ambient noise environments I've seen the David Clark aviation headsets recommended but I believe they lean heavily toward ineligibility even more so than the Heil gear.

Tim N9PUZ