I finally installed the 2nd receiver in my F5K.  Wow!  What a fabulous
feature.  With the 2nd receiver, I can work 40 meters, and watch for a
band opening on 15M or 10M.

When I turn "multi receive" on, I can hear both frequencies when I work
split, and still monitor another band for an opening.....with just one
antenna.

The neatest feature is that I can put one receiver in the left earphone,
and the other in the right.  If I had three ears, I could probably set
up the third ear for the multi-receive frequency!

In my Pre-F5K days, I had to use two antennas and two radios....and
could never seem to mute the 2nd radio while transmitting.  With the
F5K, I have it set to mute the 2nd receiver on transmit.

The instructions given were very explicit and easy to follow.  The two
Miniature Coax Cables supplied with the receiver were the smallest
diameter coax cables I have ever seen in my life!  Having now looked
into inside of the F5K, it is cleverly designed.....should be easy to
maintain in the unlikely event of a problem.

George
K2CM/J8K2CM