All

Just a note for those who trip over this on PSDR.

My 3000 was running fine, then one day, it stopped at Initializing Port Audio - 4 seconds. (Uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling didn't help - We did that, oh, about 10 times). You don't even get to the point where it asks you to run in demo mode. I've been busy for the last month, so I wasn't too worried about it when it started to happen about a month ago.

Now, I know I had this before, but I thought I got it to go away with a database reset.

Here is how it breaks down:

At that point, it seems that PSDR is trying to connect to the sound device. So, make sure the Flex Audio drivers are not your default device. (That wasn't the problem with me). However, I noticed that I could not get into the Sound Devices control panel at all (this was the clue). Reboot. Nope, still can't bring up the Sound Control panel.

Digging into Device Manager, and looking at the audio devices, there was 1 audio device that I didn't really need. (I even killed Skype as we thought that that could have contributed.... nope).

Long story short. The Audio device on the web cam was locking up PSDR during startup. When I unplugged the Web Cam and rebooted, the problem went away and PSDR started right up.

So, again, Many thanks to the Flex Team - Dudley who was front and center. It is great to see a company like this were they all share the same passion for their product.
Mike VA3MW

p.s.  Anyone want to buy a web cam?  :)

--
This email was Anti Virus checked by Astaro Security Gateway.
http://www.astaro.com