"I know that this rig is deaf on 6 meters without using a preamp.."

This is incorrect information. the 6m Preamp is needed for weak signal work but to characterize it as "deaf" is a bit extreme.

It sounds like you have a problem with the HRFIO board. Contact FlexRadio Support so the issue can be investigated.

-Tim
---
W4TME
FlexRadio Systems - Info Management Admin.
"Tune in Excitement"