Same here - I use a SSD for my software projects and all files used for
compilation, in fact there's no hard disk activity when I recompile my code.

SSD is an Intel 80GB. Very, very fast and made a big difference for software
development.

For anything else my computer is so fast I don't need more speed.

Simon Brown, HB9DRV
http://sdr-radio.com