From: flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz
[mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of Michael Tondee
Sent: Monday, July 12, 2010 12:23 AM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] IARU and Flex 5000, a few small issues but great fun

Just wanted to write a short note and say how much I enjoyed using my 5k
during the IARU contest this weekend. I had a minor issue with getting
PowerSDR and N1MM talking to each other consistently while using DDutil
so I just finally went Power SDR direct to N1MM.
  The focus issue that others discussed  when using the radio during
Field day also came up a couple of times but that's just something you
have to get used too.  You just have to make darn sure which window you
have the cursor in before you click.
I also had early reports of bad audio but that was because I had never
gotten around to re running my station ground to the rig. As soon as I
did that, the problem disappeared and it was smooth sailing. I'm know
this isn't the Flexedge reflector but I will mention that I was using
the 2.0 beta. The above issues really have nothing to do with PowerSDR
bugs so I have to say that it was flawless in it's operation as far as I
could tell.
  I'm not a serious contester, I do it for kicks and to help chase
awards but this is really the first time since I've had the radio that
I've operated for an extensive period and I enjoyed using the radio and
panadapter immensely.
73,
Michael, W4HIJ