The problem Iam having with my sdr-1000 ,happens on both of my computers, while
each is connected to the sdr-1000. , Iam using the fa-66 box,fire wire and
parallel cable. I have reloaded power sdr 1.8.6 on both computers and also
reloaded the fa-66 driver,on both. I have switched the parallel cable and the
fire wire cable on both computers  with new ones I had., with no change in the
problem.

1. This is what happens, power up either computer ,no problem...by the way both
computers have nothing but sdr software installed,per the manual, they are both
dedicated machines to the radio.
2. turn on supply to the sdr-1000,but not turn on the front power switch..yet.
I hear a low level clicking from the 1000,like a relay on/off on/off very low
lever ,but there.
3. turn the power switch on the 1000 all seems ok, don't know if the clicking
is still going on,too much fan noise.
4. click on powersdr, the first time , booths, and the 1000 goes thru all its
self checks and then I tell power sdr about the 1000, tuner, 100 watt pa etc
and finally we end up with the power sdr screen on the monitor.
5. I click on the screen power button , seems a bit flaky, but finally turns
the power sdr screen on and I get a flat green line across the pan adaptor and
NO audio from the speakers.
6. power down the computer and the rig, re boot the computer, turn on the 1000
click the power sdr icon,power sdr boots ,but do not hear relays click as the
boot up continues,screen comes up click on power sdr button , same result ,
green line across pan adaptor ,no sound. again the powersdr screen seems a bit
flaky. I went threw the whole manual can't find any wrong settings in power
sdr, checked the parallel card settings  on device manager , show the standard
default.
      My first guess is the 1000 has a problem and needs service. second guess
would be a problem with the fa-66? don't know how to check that further.
both computers work fine with my 3000, if I set them up to run the 3000.

also   I just turned on my power supply to the 1000 ,power switch "off" on the
1000, hear the constant low level clicking.

    I was going to set the 1000 up for one of the young guys in our club and
get him started on sdr radio,so want to go forward with getting the problem
fixed.
any help on this ,would be grateful.
thanks
dale wt4t