From: flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz
[mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of Bill Dailey
Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2010 1:50 PM
To: Flex Radio
Subject: [Flexradio] New user questions from W3TX

1). How do I determine the 5000C's Ethernet IP address and ports so that I
can program those into my router's NAT?

Goto command prompt (run 'cmd') then type 'ipconfig<enter>' and it will give
ip address

2). Can the 5000C provide CI-V level outputs to exploit the "frequency
tracking" features of the Icom ICPW1 amp?  If not, what is the most elegant
way to accomplish the band tracking (other than buying a frequency sensing
amp like the ACOMM or Alpha-Power...which I may succumb to).

http://k5fr.com/ddutilwiki/index.php?title=Setup#IC-PW1

3). Can I control the 5000C using Ham Radio Deluxe software?  Or is it
better to just have my laptop "mirror" ....

I do both but there isn't an elegant way to view the panadapter.  I have
tried vnc, remote desktop etc etc and they are a bit clunky.  I now use
teamviewer (has iPad client too) and hrd remote together with skype or
ipsound.  Hrd (while imperfect) gives me a better control of frequency.  I
tried keyboard shortcuts on teamviewer and they were inconsistently picked
up.

Bill, KX0O

Sent from my iPad