Dale,

From your description of the symptoms, I'm fairly sure that the problem is that your pci parallel card is not on the default 378 address. Read the card manual and check the device resources in order to know the current address and type it in the PSDR settings (yes, any non standard address can be typed here, mine uses 8800). If the cable is disconnected or the card address is wrong, the set tries to transmit. I don't give you detailed instructions on how to check the device resources because my computer is localized in Spanish, and the names are translated, so I don't know the exact texts used in the English versions, but other members can provide the right help if you need it.

73 de Ignacio, EB4APL

y...@aol.com wrote:
Just changed the computer working with my sdr-1000,the old one was a P4 windows xp 2 gig ram, 1.8.6, every thing worked just fine. New computer is a AMD athlon II 3 core ,2 gigs of ram, 1.8.6 and windows xp. The 1000 runs a fa66,firewire hookup. and uses a parallel port connection.The new computer has a built in fire wire port and had to add a pci parallel card. Loaded power sdr and the fa-66 driver with no problems , went fine. started up the power sdr and it went thru all its check outs and up came the power sdr screen. Clicked on the 0n button and the rig went right into transmit and the mox button lite up. went into power sdr and clicked off the PTT box. Now the power sdr starts up in receive , the panadaptor shows what looks like a normal pattern,but when you move the mouse the pattern does not change and there is hissing audio but no signals of any kind received,acks like the antenna is not connected. the panadaptor pattern never changes. I also now have no PTT control from my PTT swirch. All the features of power sdr seem to be working, but seem a bit flakely. There is nothing on the new computer except power sdr, the fa-66 fire wire driver and XP home. Iam by far ,no computer expert,have had this sdr-1000 run on several differant computers,never any problems. I checked all the settings in power sdr , all seem to match up to the manual ok. could the on board fire wire port be a problem, as could the added pci parallel card? lpt address is as shown in the manual 378,lpt delay is 0, all the correct boxs for tuner,pa etc are checked. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction,Iam lost at this point. thanks
dale wt4t